A visit to Upper Lodge Cottage and plotting a needle felting workshop.


Last week I was invited to visit the lovely Corina (a very talented paper engineer and graphic designer!) at her home Upper Lodge in Ringmer which is just outside the historic town of Lewes in Sussex.
I had been following Corina on Twitter , Facebook and Instagram for a while, watching how over the past few months the amazing transformation of one of their barns into this gorgeous holiday cottage.
Corina made me feel so welcome and introduced me to other very creative people who have workshops in the studios attached to Upper Lodge.


Polly of Folly and Glee has one of the studios, filled to the brim of her amazing lampshade creations and a cupboard FULL of the most tantalising barkcloths that make you definitely go Oooh! and Ahhhh!


See!!!!
I wished I could have stayed and looked at every piece of fabric, so lovely to finally meet Polly too.


Alice Mara has a studio too, she makes these quirky ceramics which certainly get you thinking. She was busily taking photos of her work for a future exhibition and between Alice and Polly the atmosphere in those studios was of a joyful place to be, so great to be in that environment, took me straight back to University days!



Anyway, Corina has been busy getting the Tack Barn up and running and I was privileged to be shown around. The finish is exceptional and every detail has been carefully thought out, I could certainly imagine sitting by the wood burner in this chair gazing out to the woods and pretty pond.


Polly from Folly and Glee made these fun lampshades over the kitchen area, such a great idea!


I love how this  moose casually looks over his guests as they relax!



There are some gorgeous pieces of work from cushions to pepper pots dotted around the Tack Barn by the artists from the Studios and also local crafts people which give a lovely flow to the whole place, very special indeed.


The barn has just one bedroom, ideal for those romantic weekends away (hint hint Mr Sew Recycled!)  a sumptuous bed with en-suite and a fantastic view over the pond and Sussex countryside….
Heaven!



There is even an covered outdoor space perfect for that lazy brunch!


Another fun lampshade by Folly and Glee (all the fabrics have been given a name by Polly!)



Bruno, Corina's dog showed me the great deck that wraps around the barn overlooking the pond, great for those summer evenings sipping Pims. There is even a fire pit just outside to keep you warm as you gaze at the stars through the trees canopy, very romantic.

Another reason for my visit was to discuss running one of my needle felting courses at Upper Lodge.
Corina has very kindly offered her kitchen space as the venue, a large table enough to fit 10 crafty people!


So if you fancy having a go at making your very own little needle felted pet in the most stunning setting and you are free on 23rd April 2014, 10.30am till 3pm then please contact me as soon as possible to book your place as those 10 spaces will be snapped up! Tea and cake will be provided, bring a packed lunch and your lovely self (or even bring a friend!) I will guide you through a step by step process which will help you to create some amazing animals, I guarantee you will go home happy and addicted to the craft of needle felting!


Who wouldn't want to!


Comments

Josie said…
Oh my gosh, what a stunning place! I think I actually want to take up permanent residence there. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures.
What an amazing place, the perfect getaway! :) x

Popular Posts