Gifts for dog lovers






Ive been busy adding some new creations to my needle felted menagerie and couldn't resist making a French Bulldog.
I love the process of needle felting, its a craft that allows me to be quite sculptural in a three dimensional way and bringing life to imaginary pets that I would love to own. 

Meet Frankie, a perfect name for a cheeky french bulldog!





He looks quite fetching with his spotty neckerchief don't you think?





French bulldogs have a great stance, the way they hold themselves, stocky and strong!

Ive also made this little fella, Harris the wirehaired dachshund who was modelled and inspired on a stunning charming dachshund I've been following on Instagram.









He has such a sweet face, with a beard that you just would love to go and stroke, if only I could meet the real Harris, perhaps one day!





Ive put both these dogs up in my Etsy shop, ta difficult task to do as I love them so much but hey will make ideal gifts for dog lovers, unique one off presents.

Which led me to think what other doggie gifts are out there for hound lovers. Searching the internet you come across so much mass produced items its difficult to find something just that little bit different so here are a few of my favourite small one man band creatives who design wonderful items either for your dog or just a crazy wanna be dog owners like me!




First up is the talented artist Emma Gillo of The gifted Hound who paints and illustrates beautiful portraits of dogs, she sells prints and originals as well as taking commissions, do take a look at her Etsy shop, beautiful!



Next are the gorgeous creations from Redhound for Dogs who also sells craft kits so you can make something for your pampered pooch if you feel like getting your craft on!




Finally, for all you fox terrier fanatics (yes I my be one!) the brilliant Forever Foxed has unique gifts with all her sweet simple fox terrier illustrations appearing on, I own one of her mugs which is the perfect size for a morning coffee.

Hope you've enjoyed my choice, supporting the smaller companies out there are a must and you also get to buy wonderful unique items perfect for any doggie lover!




SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts